Monday 22 July 2013

K is weird!

So I'm lying in bed last night watching tv and the phone rings - it's K!  K is actually my only lover that I speak to on the phone - he often works nights and it's quiet at work so sometimes he calls me.  So we exchanged our pleasantries and he says something to the effect of 'I know this is weird, but it's just an idea and I wanted to run it by you'.  Oh god, what's coming?

So I asked him what was up.  He starts blathering on about how great I am, how if he was in another situation I'm the kind of girl he would want to date, I'm sexy, I'm smart, I'm fun, I tell it like it is...blah blah blah.  Then he says he was talking to a friend of his, and the friend was lamenting how hard it is to find a nice girl and so K was thinking.......

........Record scratch!.......

"Do you want me to go on a date with your friend?"

Yes, apparently he did.

Isn't that so weird!?  He just sees me as more than a lover, I'm also his friend and he wants me to be happy and his friend is a really great guy...

I talked some sense into him - you know, this means we would have to be done, I couldn't date your friend and sleep with you.  And how are we supposed to explain how we know each other?  And what if we get along and he thinks, hey, you know K, let's go on a double date with him and his wife!  Yeah, bad idea all around.

I told him he's a very good friend and very sweet to be looking out for me but, no, I'm not going on a date with his friend.  What a weirdo!

No comments:

Post a Comment