Tuesday 11 June 2013

C...

Another guy I started communicating with right off the bat was 'C'.  He sent me a couple messages and we went back and forth a little, then he opened up his photos to me - a couple kind of blurry selfies and a couple shots of his chest.  Nothing too exciting, but not too bad.

C is 34 and has been married for 10 years, with his wife since he was 17 years old, and they have two little kids.  He tells me he's had a couple little flings here and there but no extended affairs.

C is one of the first guys I start chatting with on Tiger Text and he texts me A LOT.  First thing in the morning, late at night, all day long.  We conducted several sexting sessions and he started asking to meet.  I pushed against it and we kept chatting.  He doesn't have the most vivid imagination, but gives some solid chat.  After about a week of chat (and a fun afternoon with J!  Story to come) I agreed to meet.  We made arrangements to meet at a bar near my place on a Sunday afternoon.

Sunday afternoon rolls around, I'm about to leave the house and he texts me that the bar is closed.  After some texts back and forth, I tell him I'll wait for him at a coffee shop nearby.  I get there first and take a seat and text him letting him know where I am...and then he comes in.  And, no.  Great chat - not cute.  Dressed very blue collar (I kind of knew what he did so wasn't too surprised by that) and bad teeth.  My heart kind of sunk, but I thought, okay, I'll give him a shot.  We got a coffee and sat down and started kind of chatting a little bit awkwardly.  The way we were sitting we were beside each other, and as I turned to look at him..."Do you smoke?"  It just fell out of my mouth, it was all I could smell.  He said, "yeah, I told you that".  No, you most definitely did not tell me that.

It's not that smoking is a COMPLETE deal breaker.  If a man was thrilling and gorgeous and sexy and always carried gum I could maybe deal with it.  Not cute, blue collar and smokes - not going to happen.  I explained to him that doing this was a big deal for me and I wasn't prepared to do it unless there was a really strong connection, and I didn't think that was there.  He understood and we parted ways.  He sent me a couple texts thanking me for my honesty and telling me how I was more than he expected.  Very sweet.  I'm sure he's a great husband and father, I'm sure he can make some other woman feel very special, but I'm not that other woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment